Hey all, we’re releasing a new version of Enclave today, 2023.4.25. This is primarily a bug fix and stability improvement release:
- Switch from
shfor automation of Linux configuration for better POSIX compatibility.
- Resolved issue with fixed local ports not being respected.
- Ensure that Enclave continue responding to DNS requests when peers disconnect.
- Improve Enclave support for certain captive portal networks.
- Improve logging of external processes launched by Enclave.
- Make sure Enclave adapter can be correctly configured on Windows 7.
- Ensure Android platforms can reliably recover from a network change.
- Improved DNS reliability on vairious platforms.
- Ensure log levels can be reset without admin rights.
We’d encourage everyone to update to the latest version.
Thanks, and happy networking!
To update to the latest version on Windows, you can click the upgrade prompt in the Enclave Tray app, or you can download directly from here.
To update on apt-compatible distributions, you can run
sudo apt update & sudo apt install enclave to get the latest version.
On RPM Based Distros run
dnf upgrade enclave or
yum upgrade enclave
On all other distributions, head to the portal for installation instructions.
On macOS, run
brew upgrade enclave to get the new version.
If anyone has issues/questions with the release, feel free to comment here.